As 2019 draws to a close I wanted to create one last post of all of my favorite projects, memories, products and just leave 2019 with a grateful heart.
First and foremost I want to thank all of you. My readers and followers, old and new for coming along this journey with me. Without you I wouldn’t be able to do something that I love, while being home for my family.
I truly love when you share with me how I inspired you to do a project, thank me for a tip or product that I love and now you do to. I’m not perfect, my home is not perfect but I try to be real with you and strive to help you create a beautiful and functional home that fits you and your family.
Thank you for being here and thank you for being on this journey with me.
This year started uneventful. I don’t even remember January…but with my 39th Birthday in February things started to get a little clearer. I decided that my year of 39 was going to be about me. Doing what I want. I wrote a whole post about it here.
Basically, I am always “waiting” to do something. I’ll do that when my kids are in school, I’ll do that when I lose weight, I do that when it’s warmer outside. I was always waiting and never doing. This year I did and tried things because I wanted to and if needed, I’d figure out the details later.
Affiliate links are used in this post. See full disclosure here.
Here are some of my highlights that I am truly proud of!
- Tried out for two 3 background extra roles in movies. Got 2!
- Tried out for a voice over part. Nada
- Lost 25lbs on WW!
- Decided to shut down my home staging business after 14 years. Just not my passion anymore.
- Negotiated more of my worth with brands.
- Submitted myself for a national real model search for Duluth. Nope.
All of these are things I would not have done this year if I didn’t make it clear I wasn’t going to wait for the “perfect” time to try for things I want. This is not a resolution for 2020 though…it’s now my way of life.
Lets get to the fun parts of the year now. My Favorites list!
Favorite Things in 2019
Favorite Items Purchased or Used
- Puck lights for son’s bunk bed – It was dark on the top of my son’s bunk bed and sometimes a little too dark for his liking. So I purchased these and they stick to the top, battery operated and he just touches it if he needs a little light!
- USB nightlight outlet cover – I put one in my kitchen. Perfect little night light, with USB charging, and it just slips over your outlet.
- Microphones – We got one for each of the kids for Christmas and they are having so much fun! They are great for adult parties too! They have bluetooth hookup and you can record your singing as well!
- Emergency Light Bulb – Use as a normal bulb, but if there is a power outage they will stay on for 3-4 hours! Perfect for kids rooms and main living areas!
- Built Bars – They are not your average protein bar..They are delish! These helped me curb my sweet cravings this year on WW and they are only 3pts apiece!! with 15g of protein! Use code Homegirl for 10% off.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 – You might have seen in my last few posts that I have loved learning and using my new Cricut. If you want to take your crafting game up a notch it’s a great investment!
Favorite Books I Read
- Where the Crawdads Sing – Couldn’t put it down!
- A Woman is No Man – My surprise. I think it’s my ultimate favorite of the year!
- Girl Stop Apologizing – Hits you and gets you moving!
- Women Who Punch – Fun book I listened to on my walks. About the Ladies of the View and all their drama.
- Office Accent Work Station Wall
- My New Dining Room Light
- Molly’s New Lundia Closet System
- Cutting my Front Door
As a family we had some great memories as well. We went to Florida and visited Busch Gardens which the kids loved. We surprised them with “A Day out with Thomas” tickets and we got to ride on Thomas the Train!
We hiked, we went on surprise visits to Chuck E Cheese and we had fun making new friends in our community.
2020 is a new year, a new decade and a new way to look at life. I am excited for taking my new visions into it and implementing things that have been on my heart and in my head for years. Thanks for coming along!
Happy New Year and don’t forget to follow me on other social channels for different perspectives on my everyday life!