Many couples spend Valentine’s Day together, eating out, or doing something with “just them”.
When we had kids it wasn’t “just us” anymore, and we wanted to spend Valentine’s Day as a family so now we celebrate the day doing fun activities all together.
Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day as a Family:
- Leave little surprises in the morning: Everyone loves little surprises right? Our kids love it even if it’s just something small. So what we do is find little treats for them to wake up to in the morning. Love seeing their little faces light up at the special treats laid out on the table for them.
- Heart or Valentine’s Day themed meals: Heart shaped pancakes, sliced “heart” strawberries, pink sprinkles on waffles or even sandwiches cut with heart cookies cutters make Valentines Day special for the little ones..even your spouse!
- Eating out: One of the most popular things to do on Valentine’s Day is go out to eat, but with little ones it can sometimes be tricky to have a “Romantic” meal. One of our favorite places to go as a family is Olive Garden. It’s a nice environment but also really family friendly. You can’t go wrong with bread sticks and pasta with kids! Plus there are fun things to do at the table with the little “computer” to play games or even just coloring in the kids menu. So if you think you can’t have a romantic dinner with kids, you absolutely can!
- Make Cookies Together: My kids love helping me decorate cookies so this is another way to include them in the Valentines Day Celebration. (it’s really easy when you use a simple kit)
- Make Valentines For Each Other: Hand the kids some paper and glue with a bunch of stickers and cut outs. They will be so proud of their Art!
- Have a Dance Party: Nothing like burning off the Valentines treats like a little family dance party. Turn up the music and dance together!
- Make it a Movie Night: Grab some popcorn, why not add some sprinkles to that too…and cozy up as a family to watch a cute flick!
- Play board games: Our kids love boardgames and they love it even more when all of us are playing together. Our favorite right now is 5 Little Fish which I have linked below.
How do you like to spend Valentine’s Day as a family? Leave your idea’s in comments!
Here are a few of the things I mentioned in the blog conveniently linked for you! (affiliate)