At the beginning of 2016 I posted my home goals for the year and I thought it would be fun to compare the list to the things I actually did.
I also came up with a new list for 2017. I like putting things in writing not just because it holds me accountable, but I love crossing things off!
Let’s take a look at last years list:
Paint Kitchen Cabinets– I was 9 months pregnant but it got done! See it here.
- Downstairs Built-ins
- Laundry Area
Planked Entry Wall– This was one of my first projects this year and I love it. See it here. Landscaping– I haven’t posted on this since we kind of just cleaned it up for now.
Re-stain steps– Part of our entry reveal we stained the steps. See the completed project here. Move our guest room downstairs, and create our nursery– See our nursery here. Furnish our Sunroom– I finally got my couch! There are still a few pieces to get but so far I’m happy.
- Paint Deck
- Organize office/project room – It started off great, then it fell to the wayside. See what I got done here.
So I think we did pretty well this year on our goals. We did have some other projects that were not on the list but so glad we got them done like replacing our kitchen floor and adding shelves in the dining room.
So here are my goals for 2017
- Continue the kitchen flooring into our dining room, living room and hallway.
- Carpet the bedrooms
- New countertops in the kitchen
- Add an island in the kitchen
- Built in downstairs
- Build deck (well, hire someone)
- Create small play area in downstairs family room
- Add a little more board and batten to our downstairs entry.
- Continue with organization of my office
- Focus on my garden so it actually grows!
- Purchase a swing set for the little ones
So there are my main goals for this year, will we get to all of them? Probably not. But I’m excited to at least get some of them done!
What are your home goals this year? Did you accomplish what you wanted to in 2016?
Remember if you have home projects be sure to read my How to Save Money on Home Projects post!