I have been waiting over 2 years for this moment. That moment where the ugly, light, stained, laminate flooring in our basement family room is replaced!
You can read about how we prepped the room, painted and ripped up the old flooring in my last post.
Now let’s get on with this AMAZINGLY easy flooring.
As I mentioned in other posts, I first encountered Allure Resilient Flooring when we moved into our home and we converted our garage. I was looking at flooring and I stumbled upon Allure. It seemed perfect for our needs and easy to put down. I was 9 months pregnant so we enlisted the help of a friend had a flooring company.
While he was laying it down it looked really simple. So when we decided to do our next room, I wanted to use the same flooring. I decided I would try it myself. I did it and I was amazed how easy it was!
When it came to our downstairs family room, the only room we haven’t touched, I knew Allure Resilient Flooring was a no brainer.
Now I want to show you how easy it is to put down, along with give you some tips I’ve learned while doing this a few times.
Take a look at the video I did on Periscope showing you exactly how easy it is.
- Before you start make sure you read the directions all the way through. There are certain conditions and temperatures that need to be in place for the planks to adhere properly.
- Allure GripStrip Planks come in 36″ x 6″ planks. Before you start you need to measure the width of the row you will be working on and make sure that the end plank will not be less than 12″. If it is you need to cut the first plank in the row to adjust.
- When doing the stagger method on the plank rows, pick dimensions that will allow you to use the cut off plank from the first piece, on the end of the row so you minimize waste.
- If you have to cut around items in the room or have a weird angle, use the sheets of liners that are in between each plank in the box to draw/cut a template. You can then lay the sheet on the plank and cut the right angles.
- You can also use those same paper liners to lay over the glue strips if your not finishing the floor in a day. This way it keeps the glue strips free of debris and dust.
- You can purchase (affiliate link) Allure Flooring through Home Depot’s website and can usually have it delivered for free to your home. But another way to save a little money to go to Ebates and click on Home Depot from there. You can usually get between 3-6% in cash back!
So now I’m going to show you the before…I’m really embarrassed. But we honestly don’t use this room in the summer because we love our sunroom so much we move the TV up there. So this room basically becomes a catch all. Notice the screen, that needed to be put back up, some furniture I was selling for a client, the ugly red rug that our crazy Aunt decided to literally give us and put it down before we could object…but anyway..here WAS our real life…
and our after…a clean slate.
a view of us ripping up old flooring…
and our beautiful after…
This room is finally ready for me to place my final touches, accessories, furniture and actually enjoy it with my family.